Monday, March 3, 2014

March Madness!

Elder Chriss and Elder Lines enjoying Taylor's favorite Helado!  Elder Lines is one of the senior missionaries serving in the Mission office.

Well it's your favorite time of the week! THE WEEKLY EMAIL OF E. CHRISS!!! 

That's right it's already March.  I´m not really sure what happened with February, but it just seemed to disappear!!! 

I have to say that it was a great week! We as always have been working our butts off here. Every corner of our area we have walked and we have been talking to as many people as we can! Another big thing about this week is that I have officially completed one year in the mission. Wow I´m kind of sad to think that I´m half way done with my mission, mainly because i want more time. With this in mind I will have to work as hard as i can so that I´m not losing a second of this time. 
   
This week of hard work was very interesting. We are as a mission focusing on contacting more people, the idea is that the bigger the net we throw the more elect people we will find. We are seeing great growth in our investigator Milagros, and we are hoping to see her baptized soon. I had a great opportunity to have divisions with and Elder this week named Elder Mejia, he is from Mexico and I have known him my entire time here! We had a great time in his area and we found several great new investigators. Our mission is growing a lot and we are doubling our numbers from past months, it is really cool to see the growth in Buenos Aires.
  
There have been several times on my mission where I have felt the help of my Heavenly Father but this week I had an experience that it was undeniable that I was receiving help. We were passing by people in our area and we were talking with a very nice member who as a lot of resistance in her home. As we were talking a very angry man came and decided to tell us that there is no such thing as God and that we are fools for believing in this. He said some very offensive words to us and wanted to continue talking. At this moment I felt a boost, With the clearest Spanish that I have ever used in my life I stood up (we were sitting at the time) and told the Man, "I know that God exists, I know that Christ is my Savior, And no man and his words can out weigh what I know to be true." My companion and I told him to have a good day and we left. As we left he said some not so nice words which I didn´t understand, But nothing he could say could diminish the feelings I had. 

I´m so grateful for a Heavenly Father who strengthens us in our time of need. I would like to repeat what I said, "I know God lives and that his son Jesus Christ is our Savior." I can not deny it.

I´m so grateful to be a missionary, to be here in Buenos Aires Argentina. Thank you all for your love and I hope you have a good week. 

A shout out to my Grandfather who is in the hospital, GET WELL! I love you all so much and I will talk to you next week!!!

Con Amor!
- Elder Taylor Chriss


I received the following letter from Elder Lines this week:


Dear Sister Chriss,

What a great son you have shared with us!  Believe it or not I got to spend a couple of hours with him today along with his companion.  His companion had literally worn thru and thru his meager shoes and so we went shopping.  Elder Chriss was a lot of help and I could really feel the compassion he has for his companion, Elder Flores.  They had to go with me to my other rounds through town getting business done along the way, so we had a fun time doing a lot of walking and talking.  He has a great spirit and attitude about him.  You have raised a  great son to be proud of.

Elder Lines

Financiero

Misión Buenos Aires Norte

I am so thankful for the wonderful people put on Elder Chriss' path to love and watch out for him! 
~Lisa 
The Family we live with!! A party for their anniversary. Funny thing is that they lived in Utah for several years next to the Home Depot on Highland Drive!!! Small world!
Lunch with some of our zone.
Wonderful Natalia Roldan posted this picture of Elders Chriss and Flores at a birthday party with the following caption, "Me encanta haber compartido este dia junto a ustedes!! Me divertí mucho hoy!!Son unos capos!:p"  Translation:
"I love to have shared this day with you! I enjoyed much today!They are a few bosses!"

No comments:

Post a Comment