Monday, July 29, 2013

Last of the Mohicans!

  


Well still in Los Angeles California, and as the title of the email says I am the last of the Mohicans. It's a nick name all the missionaries in my zone have affectionately given me. 
  Not much happened this week to tell you the truth, but some pretty good stories. First of I fell of my bike the other day. In my defense I'm pretty sure that this city is booby trapped... my tire got stuck in a small grate on the side of the rode. I'm a bit scraped but other than that I'm doing great. 
   Also I went on splits with Elder Cisneros on Saturday and we had a way cool experience. We visited a less active that they had not seen in a long time. When we knocked at the door he was very happy to see us, as most of the L.A people are when we come. He invited us in and we talked for a bit. He asked if we wanted to eat with him. Us not having a dinner set up for the night accepted. As he cooked he told us that the food that he was cooking he had bought for some work friends the other day but he forgot to take it with him. Later that day he thought why would I think to buy all of this food and then just for get it. He then told us now he knows it was so that he could feed the missionaries. If he wouldn't have forgotten the food the other morning he wouldn't have anything to offer. We had a great time with him and it gave us the opportunity to find him. He was going to go to the store that night but thought I have food already. Wow.

  We had a great experience at the Visitors Center with a family a 5 that we are teaching. They had a hard time believing in one true church and said that they would make their judgment afterwards. We watched a Family video and asked them if they wanted to live together forever. They said yes and we said this is the way, the only way. They understood. I was so relieved. 

  So far no progress on our marriage licenses with our investigators but we are working our butts off. At the Visitors Center last night as well we had a great musical production by a missionary that served here.  Mom I love the songs.  If you could send more Disney and the sound track to Prince of Egypt. Also the song Libertad mean Freedom!!! It just sounds cool in any language FREEDOM!!! LIBERTAD!!! haha. Best of the week was The Visitors Center and the worst was my bike accident. Well I love you all and I hope to hear from you all soon. 
Hasta luego

Con Amor
Elder Chriss

It looks like Elder Chriss has not lost his sense of humor!  Happy Birthday Elder Jensen!


Elder's Chriss and Abbott with their cute investigator family at the LA Temple Visitors Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment