Monday, May 6, 2013

California Dreamin'

Elder Marin and Elder Chriss!
Hey everyone, It's Elder Chriss here!!!! 
    So glad to Send you an email and let you know what is happening in the great mission of Los Angeles. Me and my comp Elder Marin have 2 investigators right know Marlow and Enrique, Both are fantastic people and it is a privilege to teach them the restored gospel. Here in LA the work moves pretty slow but this is compared to S. America.... But it is sweet to teach the people. Funny thing is before I got here every one was saying man your going to be so scared, its so dangerous there, the people are mean.... Not at all I feel safe. Its not dangerous, and the people always yell "Hey MORMONS" generally with a smile. 
    Since me and Elder Marin are white washing we start with no investigators, no potentials. In other words get to work. So when our investigator Marlow first came to Church my heart lept out of my chest, and best of all he loved the whole experience. He has a Baptism date for the 23rd of June, but we are going to try and make it sooner.... He is ready I know it. 
   One thing I am getting used to is the food every day. It's spicy food and in every home Tortillas. I am lucky. And they just keep on putting it on your plate. My Spanish is improving ever so slowly but it is. 
    Cool thing we found out is they are filming the new Captain America 2 blocks away from our house next to an old hospital. When we asked the guard here said it was called "Freezer burn". But 2 other elders asked a ward member who was working on the set and he told them Cpt America 2. California is a big old mixing pot. It is hard when I am trying to learn Spanish and all of the people who do speak Spanish, speak English to me. 
  So far no news on my Visa. But that's alright because I will "Bloom where I am planted". I have a couple of pictures but there aren't really picture opportunities.

   I am so excited for all of my friends who are leaving on missions!!! It is the greatest experience. To Liz Stringham I was thinking of you this Wednesday, I just want to ease your heart and let you know I am happier than I have ever been and know Jon is as well. Stay strong :) And to Pat Egbert getting ready for Tayson, trust me he is in great hands as is Katie. I saw that pic of Scott at a baptism. That is fantastic, I am so happy for him. From what I hear there is no greater feeling than baptizing. Jill you got one good missionary.  
  Stay strong moms!!! Remember the 2000 stripling warriors were only as good as what their mothers taught them... Wow that was gold I can't believe that just came out of my mouth. Man talking about all this missionary stuff gives me the chills.

    All I have to say is that I am tired, bruised, worn, sunburned, rejected, and worked. But I would never trade this for anything in the whole world. Life as a missionary is hard, but "Nothing that was ever worth something came with out some hard times" -Elder Chriss.

   I hope every thing is going well!  I know I am!  I'm fine on things but if any of you at home have an Argentina Visa laying around I would love one. Love you All so much. God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment