Monday, December 15, 2014

It's a Wonderful Life!

If I haven't said it, I'll say it again. I love my mission! It's the greatest place to be, especially during the Christmas season. Yes, it still is scalding hot outside, but the Christmas spirit is still here, haha. Although there aren't lights and decorations all over the place, I talk about Christmas each and every day! I love it!  As I have said before, it's so easy to talk people about Christmas here. It was a week of heat and miracles.
 
It was a great week and had many experiences to think upon. One great thing was divisions with the other Elders here in Virreyes, I went in an area with Elder Bohn from Texas, he is a really great Elder that is doing really well. He has about 5 months in the mission and loves the work. We spent the day running all over his area teaching and finding new people. And after a hard days work we finally found several people super prepared by the Lord. It was a great experience! We were talking and he said it will be weirrd to finish his mission and it be 2016.... I pause and thought " I said the same about 2015 two years ago haha" Time flies!

We had a great stake conference here in The Stake Litoral. There were several great talks and it was the perfect experience to have investigators in the church. We had several people in the church and they all loved it. One of the talks was about afflictions and how we can overcome them. He talked about "He is the Gift" and how Christ is our gift because he suffered for all the trials and pains that we suffer that because of him we don't need to suffer alone.

I testify of that. In Alma 7:10-12 it talks about Christmas (when he was born) and then what he did for us. This is the gift that he gave us and we can thank him for said gift through our actions and obedience.

Man who knew that it only took 2 years of missionary service to help me understand this haha. I´m so grateful for this time in my life. I know that I learn everyday something that can help me grow. I know that Christ can help all of us make the changes and get over what ever our situation in life.
 
Keep up the good work and keep on loving one another.
Love,
Elder Taylor Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment