Monday, September 1, 2014

To the Villas!


Some of the Elders from the Zarate Zone, Tallest to Shortest!
Wow! We have been working a ton here. Me and my comp have been doing all we can to help our area. I´ve been here for a while so we thought, "Let's go to a place that we never go to normally." After a great day of divisions with the Zone Leaders, my comp and I decided to go to a the Ghetto part of our area and look for the people the Lord is preparing. So our week was trying to get to know the Villa better. We contacted a bunch of people this week and we are opening up a lot of opportunities.
Some great news... We are breaking all sorts of records here in our mission. First off, we broke the record of Baptisms in our zone. We came out with 21 Baptisms as a zone!!! Me and my comp had 3 baptisms this month!!! A record for us (don´t have the foto)... They are named Aylen Luana and Pablo. They are kids of some less actives returning to activity. We are super happy for them. In the end it was more like a baptism of the ward. And that's not all. As a mission we have broken our record of Baptisms in a month. We have baptized 213 people as a mission. We are super excited and we know that the Lord is blessing us A FUL (a lot). We are going to keep it up and help all we can to be baptized for the remission of their sins.

Some more great news.... We have new bikes!!!!! We don´t have to walk anymore. My bike is bright green and pretty old, But I love it!!! So that is some of the best news of the week. 
And to finish off with some Spiritual chat, I have found that a lot of times in our life we do all we can to be good and to help others. But as things normally go, we get tired of trying to help or be good because the results don´t come quick enough or don´t come at all. As I pondered this type of thinking a scripture came to my mind, D&C 64:33&34 which says. 

33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

 34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days. 

This came to my mind saying not to give up on do the good things. even though it can be tiring. We must keep going with the small things. 
I love you so much and hope you have a great week. I´m sure going to keep on working, and I hope you all can to!

Love
Elder Taylor Chriss



No comments:

Post a Comment