Monday, May 5, 2014

Kickin It in Campana!

I love my Mission!!! Really it is the best thing in the whole world. I am loving my time here in Campana 2. We are kickin butt up here in the middle of nowhere. The ward is coming along well, we have a ton of less active families and it is my job to help reactivate and Baptize those who our less actives know. Here in this area what we are doing and focusing on is helping our less actives and as they get reactivated we are inviting there non member friends and family to come with us to the Church. So far we are doing really well and are finding people each day.

For the week me and my comp have become bike experts... well bike repairing experts haha. Our bikes have broken like 5 times in the week. One day while tracking down LAs my comp´s handlebars snapped off..... Yeah that right snaped off. Then in the middle of the road 15min from any where POP goes my comps tire.... and my chain stays on my bike like wet soap... Not even to mention that if I cut myself on any metal part of my bike I will have tetanus... Let's just say I have no problem fixing bikes. haha

So the night before transfers, President called me, one to wish me a Happy Birthday and second to talk to me about the needs of this ward and what he wants me to do to help. But also he told me that I will no be a District Leader for the transfer, that he wants me to focus on helping the ward out. Also, that there are already 3 DLs here in the zone. So I was getting comfortable as a good old Senior comp.... Well this last Tuesday night, my Zone leader called and told me "Elder Chriss I need you to keep up the hard work and that I need to be an example for my District.... Oh and your a District leader again." He told me that President asked what they needed in the Zone to help the growth and my Zone leader said, "We need Elder Chriss as a District leader!" So adios my break and I´m back to Nightly Verifications haha!

This week we have Stake Conference and a great Meeting with Elder Gonzalez of the Seventy. We are super excited for these upcoming weeks. This is just the beginning of great things to come to pass.

I love my Heavenly Father and his great work, I´m grateful to his son, my Savior for the help I receive from him every day. I love this Mission!

I love you ALL!
Elder Taylor Chriss
His new pension.  You can tell Elder Chriss' desk because of the Tagges hat!





He says he learned this in Assassin's Creed!

No comments:

Post a Comment