Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Temple P-Day!


Elder Chriss and his zone after a session in the LA Temple! 
And yes, that is Hermana Warner. They are once again in the same zone.



Well as you can see by the title of the email, today is Temple P-day! These are the best P-days that we can have. To be able to go early in the morning to the temple is the exact thing that we missionaries need. 

My new area is super tough! The people are divided into two groups, lower class and SUPER upper class!!! The lower class people that we teach are a delight and very humble with what they have. The Supa class is another story.... we never get the opportunity to teach them... So me and Elder Palomino have been working in the more humble area. We have a part of our area that is super cool, Its Korea town. A super big area full of Korean and Latin people we ride our bikes all over Korea town. 

This week we found a new investigator named Everith, He is a super cool guy, and we are working hard on teaching him the Gospel. 
Cool thing, the other day we went to the church to go and do a class and well not a single person was there for the class.... BUT there was a wedding of a missionary who served here going on. And Guess who was the Best man? (Elder) Channing Winterrose my old Comp!! It was so cool to see him. He is doing great, has been working in Elko Nevada building Houses, and now he is on his way to Hawaii for school. 

I love my companion, he is so awesome and he is teaching me so much.  He was Elder Winterrose's Companion at some time as well. He is a great person and is helping me a bunch with my Spanish. Our apartment is still nice and cool with our AC. It has been sooooo hot here in Los Angeles lately and the AC is so helpful. Since we are on bike in a super hilly area the heat just dries us right up. I drink like 20 bottles of water a day. 
My new ward is so cool. We have great leaders who back us (missionaries) up 100% plus we have dinner every night with members!!! Not to sure when our English class gets started but I will let you all know when it does. 

Best of the week is definitely the temple. This is what I would like to talk about with y'all today. How grateful I am for the temple and the blessing that come from there. In LA the temple sits on one of the most valuable pieces of land in all of California, right in the center of Santa Monica. To the eyes of the world it is just a piece a land with a pretty building on top of it. But to us as members it is so much more. It is a beacon unto every one that we are the TRUE church and we will not go away and that we are given blessings through that building that no other place or plot of land can ever give us. I am grateful for the Blessing that the temples are for us. 
To all that read this, go to the temple as soon as you can. You will never regret the time spent there.

I love this Church because it is based on my favorite person (Jesus Christ) and I know that I am his disciple. 
I hope to hear from you. Send me Letters. They are Gold for us missionaries. Stay strong in the faith and know that Elder Chriss is praying for you!!

Love you all

Elder Taylor Chriss

Elder Chriss got to email chat with his dad today and sent him this picture while he was talking to him!
Hollywood!!!
Sunset over LA

Elder Palomino

No comments:

Post a Comment