Monday, September 9, 2013

LaFayette Livin!

Hey everybody just another great week here in Los Angeles California, Serving the Lord!!
 
This was a pretty uneventful week because it was a shorter week. But even in the small amount of time I have seen the blessings of the Lord poured upon us. At the moment we have one investigator and we are working hard with him to get a testimony of the BoM and la Iglesia.

Me and Elder Palomino have been bustin' hump here in this area. But although we have not seen much success from our labors we know that our efforts in this area are not in vain. One of my favorite sayings is "It's always darkest before the dawn" So at this moment it's pretty challenging but it will improve.

My Zone is called Griffith Zone, and to tell you the truth we aren't the most united. We are in different parts of the city and it's hard to get to know the rest of the zone. But I LOVE the Elders in my ward!! They are fantastic people and I am so glad to be working with them. Elder Miller, our District leader is such a fun guy and is a blast to be around. Oh before I forget, Every Wednesday and Saturday we eat with Hna Guttierez, and she also feeds any other companionship in the ward that doesn't have dinner that night. We always have a blast over at her house.

  Now the other day I was reading a talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin named "Band of Brothers" in this talk he talked about missionaries and our brotherhood ( he also included sisters) and talked about a famous group in WWII known as easy company or the 506th paratrooper battalion. This group was a brotherhood forged through trials and difficult times that they suffered together. And just like in the mission field we must become the Brother/Sister for our companions. Though there are tough things that we go through each and every day we go through them together. We build each other up though this short 2 years.
 
I leave my apartment every day ready for what ever LA throws at me because of my Comp, my district and because of our band of brothers. I am so grateful for the missionaries that I serve with. We are on the front lines of the war on sin, and we will stand together. As Pres. Uchtdorf says "Lift where you stand" and that is exactly what we shall do.

As church members we need to be there for each other. We are strong as we rely on our Savior and each other.
 
I love you all so much and I hope to hear from you all soon, I would love to get some pictures from y'all!!

Until next week Con Amor
Elder Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment