Monday, October 20, 2014

Divisions...

Nazareno's baptism by his uncle
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm doing fantastic! I'm starting to get the hang of things here in our area, with my comp and as a zone leader. But I have found that as long as I put all my effort into things, the Lord gives great and wondrous blessings. This was a hard work week, but as I have recently said that blessings come from such hard work. 

Now me and my companion were thinking a lot about what we can do to help get excited the zone! 
Well the way that we came up with was doing divisions early in the transfer. But that meant that we needed to do them relatively soon. And so we did three this week. THREE! I practically wasn´t in my area for half of the week! haha. But it was great. I really got to know some of the other areas in the zone and more importantly the Elders that we are serving. Man we have a zone full of great missionaries. 
 
First off I went with E. Pariquahua from Peru in his area of Tigre, which is that center of tourism here haha. So I heard quite a bit of English during the day. Then 2 days later I went to the other part of Virreyes with Elder Bohn, a newer missionary who is doing great and learning a lot. Even though all of our appointments fell through he still had ideas of what to do. And the next day I went to Don Torcuato with E. Lopez from Honduras. And it was a day that I didn't sit down once. We just didn't have a single appointment that we got to sit down. And E. Lopez got a little lost so I was exhausted. But it was a fun day/week.
 
 In the Morning of the last divisions we had an interview for an investigator, and every thing went well. His name is Nazareno, He is the nephew of a Recent Convert here. It was awesome that he got baptized also. We are really pumped here. We are working with a lot of people right now. Obedience is the key! But we are hoping to have 2 more baptisms this weekend! So we will see how that goes.
 
Me and my comp are doing great, I love having the chance to serve with him. He is a great missionary and he makes me laugh a ton. Although he is on his last transfer, he still has the fire and is working until the end.
 
Today we played Soccer with the zone, But only 4 companionships came.  It was a blast. The Assistants are in our zone, so they came over to play with us. But I'm just plain tired now haha. Life is great in the service our Savior and blesses us in more ways that we can believe. 
 
For all of those that are thinking about serving a mission.... Do it. It will bless you more than you can ever know.  If you don´t feel ready, Prepare yourself. And if you put all of your faith and dedication into your mission, you will never regret it. I know that I don't.
 
I love you all so much, keep it up and never quit. The Lord has great things planned for all of us if we just obey and put our trust in him
  
Love,
Elder Taylor Chriss
 
Argentina Mother's Day Lunch

A really cute kid that bit me... Tuve hambre...dijo!

No comments:

Post a Comment