Monday, February 17, 2014

An Elders Tale by Elder Chriss

Argentine rain!  Check out his feet!
This was a rock solid week in my opinion. Me and my companion broken the area record and my personal record of 30 lessons with a member present this week!! Lets just say that we are walking and talking a lot. 

I´m not sure if I mentioned this member before, but we have a member in our ward named Natalia, who is preparing to serve a mission. And in her mission preparation she has decided to go out with the missionaries every day for as long as she can! Let's just say that we are blessed to have her helping us out here in this area. Also she is a great testimony of a person who is converted and wants to help the work move along. Now I'm not saying spend your whole day with the missionaries ( if you are a missionary then yes spend you day with another missionary) But we need to do everything to help this work move along together! 

The sad part is that we didn´t get people in the chapel this week.. it's really hard that you spend your week working so hard and people don´t go to the place that you spend all week talking about. I kind of feel like a car stuck in the mud. We floor it and in the end we don´t go any where! a lot of Rpms and no traction for the tires! But the good thing is that there is always the next week to put everything we have into the work and keep looking forward.
  
This week we had the great opportunity of having interviews with President Ayre, He is such a great guy and really just vibrates with the spirit. He is kind and knows what to do in the moment. I could just talk with him forever. His wife was also there and she is just so much fun, Her interview is to see how we are doing in the head. The mission isn´t to fond of having their missionaries go crazy. But it's was a great time. 

Also I had a super fun time going on divisions with an Elder in my district named E. Sanderson, He´s from Utah... yeah I know shocker... But we had a great time. One thing you will learn on the mission is that the craziest stuff happens on divisions. We had this guy come up to us and ask us to bless his door... Bless his door that people would be able to enter through it safely... We had a great laugh on that one. I was so glad to go out with him and work. He is a great elder and will do great things in his mission!!!

Lately i have been studying a lot in the Christ like Attributes section in PMG (preach my gospel) and I found a scripture that really put in perspective of repentance and humility/obedience right now! It's in Alma 5: 27. I love this scripture because it helps me remember that we don´t know when we will die or when will need the help of the Lord, but in the moment I want to be sufficiently humble to the Lord. Which includes obeying all of his rules and being who HE wants me to be. That's my spiritual dulce of the week hope you enjoy it!

Still haven´t gotten my packages from home, but I know that all I need to have is patience with Argentino Mail... Darn mail. Well that's about it for me this week. I hope you are all doing well and have a good week. I will talk to you next week. 

Write Me!!!


With a lot of Love!!!!
Elder Taylor Michael Chriss


Elder Sanderson and Elder Chriss

My sweet friend, Lilian, in Elder Chriss' ward feeds him every Sunday and sent me these pictures! Lasagna and ice cream, yum!


Araña gigante!  He said it was 3 inches, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment