Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Good morning Vietnam!!! 

It's Your favorite Portaño Elder!!! This was a great week, as always we are working like mad men down here to baptize every child of God we can!!! Let's just say the blisters on the back of my feet are evidence of a lot of righteous.... well walking!! If the people of the villa say they have never seen us walking around, they are false!
 

Holy Cow it's December already... can you believe it! It has been nine months since I have been home and it has been one month since I was in the states. Time flies when you are having super cool spiritual experiences. In the mission right now we are planning on having a white Christmas. Even thought the forecast doesn´t say snow. We shall filling the chapels with people in white ready to be baptized. Our goal as a mission is 240 baptisms for this month, and we are dedicated to reach that goal! 

Jose is preparing to be baptized this week and we are going to be working hard to get him ready this up coming week. Yesterday we had a super cool experience. As we were looking for one of our recent converts we knocked on her door but her neighbor answered and we talked with him for a while. His name is Aldo and he is going through a tough time in his life and is really open to the Gospel. He accepted a baptism date for the 22nd of this month. We are so grateful for him. 

Speaking of gratitude, as you all know this past week was Thanksgiving, and well here in Argentina they have no idea what this holiday is. Me and some other American elders all celebrated it over a big plate of rice and chicken. 

But I just want to give my thanks first off to my wonderful Mother, an awesome father, the greatest sister, and a super cool Brother in Law.  I´m grateful for the great chance I have to be serving a mission, for the great members here in Parque Avellaneda!!! I am grateful for other missionaries who support me here in Argentina. I´m grateful for wonderful friends all over the world who are just plain Sweet!!! Finally and most importantly I´m grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who up lifts me and keeps me going. Who has given me so much that I can´t ever repay, for giving me a purpose in life. I am so grateful for my blessing this year. My life is a little bit different these days compared to last year!!! It has been a year since I got my Call and it has changed me so much!!! 

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week. Lindsay get well soon!!! If every one can keep my sister in their prayers I would love you so much!!! Well until next week!
Your Elder Down South
Elder Taylor Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment