Monday, April 22, 2013

They're just happy I'm not a Jehovah's Witness!

    Hey everyone! I'm doing great here in L.A I am so excited to be finally in the field. My companion is Elder Chacon from South Jordan originally from Venezuela. It has been a pretty crazy time here. I'm loving it. I am serving in the Hawthorn Area of the City, Spanish speaking. I don't have much time because I am using a Library computer and I have only 15 minutes, but i will type like crazy. 
    Thank you all for the loving B-day wishes and mom thank you for the gifts. Yes I did wait to open them. We are hard at work here in L.A we have been white washing it, meaning starting an area with 2 Elders in a smaller area for more work in a specific area. 
    I have been fed like crazy and i am so grateful for all the support of the wonderful members here. I am assigned to the Inglewood 2nd ward along with my whole district!!! The Spanish is coming slow but its coming. I hate not having much time and to tell you the truth I don't really know what to say. I have been going around the area preaching and just getting the feel of what missionary work is all about. I have one investigator so far and several to come. 
    To my family I was so happy to be able to call you at the airport, I miss you all so much but I know this work is worth it. Its so cool to be a missionary in LA most people are friendly and just grateful you not a Jehovah's witness.... I love all the people in my zone they are super cool and experienced. Elder Engebretsen is in a different zone than I am I hope that I will see him soon. This is definitely different than Utah but things are great here. I will try and write some letters to you all but my day is crazy and I don't have a lot of time. The Mission rules are pretty strict. Well I love you and I will try and send more soon.
Love Elder Chriss
   PS - I came down with Michelle Warner but I haven't seen her in a while.

Elder Chriss is serving in the Central Zone (Spanish Speaking) in the Inglewood 2nd Ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment