Monday, January 19, 2015

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...


Elder Chriss and his companion Elder Molina
Sometimes in the life you get accustom to life and the daily patterns of things. Here in the mission it's a pattern that is generally the same but with fun and interesting twists each day. For example, the same pattern each day is that I have woken up at 6:30 or a little bit earlier every single day for about 2 years. I have gotten ready and studied each day almost the same each day and I'm always in my pension before 9:30.

But there is always something each day that throws the pattern off and makes me say " Well that's never happened before!" And that is what makes the mission so awesome! The constant need to act in the moment and follow the spirit. It may look like a daily pattern, but I have found that it is awesome experiences within a punctual schedule. 

This week has been a good week, but a stressful one. The work is going well, we are finding a lot of progress with our investigators, and we are working a lot with our ward to strengthen the less active members here. So when it comes to the work we are doing pretty good. I'm really enjoying my time here and all is well in that sense.

My companion is an awesome guy, but this was a hard week for him. Monday night he woke up with heart palpitations and really bad nerves. I helped calm him down and to make a long story short he was having a panic attack. But not only that but he had one three times during the week and has been super nervous during the day time. So with the help of some church officials and President, he is getting along a lot better. We even went to a hospital last night to have them do a medical check. So it was a little stressful this week trying to help my comp get better and help my area stay afloat. 

But today we are going to go out and have fun for our pday. Sadly I only have 3 pdays left, so we are going to make the best out of the time I have left. Love you all so much and have a great week! Do something fun this week!

Love Elder Taylor Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment