Monday, February 2, 2015

And it Came to Pass...


Touring Buenos Aires for the last time!
What a week!  I have been really enjoying myself.

This whole week the youth of the ward had all gone to EFY. This meant that nobody was able to help us do visits this week. All of the Young single adults were counselors and the adults helped do security and cook for the youth. So let's just say that it was a member ghost town here in Virreyes. But we still were able to teach a lot of people with members during the week. But it was quiet here.


The best part of EFY was that some of my converts went with the ward to EFY and Ezequiel Torres went along too. They all came back filled with the spirit and a true love for the scriptures. It was so great to see the youth in our ward see the great things the gospel can bring. 

But one of the greatest experiences of my life was this last Saturday.  We went to pass by a recent convert's house to see how EFY went. As we left the house he gave me a hug and started to cry. He told me that he wants to go on the mission when he has 1 year as a member. He has always been very shy and after several months in the church he never had given his testimony in public. Come Sunday and the 3rd person to get up and give his testimony was Ezequiel. He cried a lot and did very well. But it was so great to see him in front of so many people testifying of the church and the change he has made. I love being a missionary. 

I'm not really sure how it happened, but I find my self sitting in a internet cafe in the middle of the city on my last pday. Here in the mission our president, on our last pday, lets us go where ever we want for the day. So Me my comp, the elders from the ward and 2 recent converts (Mariano- tall without tag, Ezequiel- shorter with out tag) went out to tour the city.
  
I'm not sure in I will be able to write this next week, I won't have pday because of all the travel stuff I have to do. So I leave my testimony that this is no work of man, but that it is a work of our Heavenly Father, It's a work of love for others and I know that I was sent here for a reason, I had companions, areas, and missions for a reason, and I know my Father knows why. This is his church, And there is no other. I know that my Savior lives. I Love you tons and hope that you are well. Now I'm off to go work really hard and have fun doing it!

Love, 
Elder Taylor Chriss
Elder Chriss and Ezequiel.  He loves this guy!

Lunch
Messi!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment